Author Topic: Ice report for NW Ohio  (Read 1871 times)

Offline 1BigIcehole

Ice report for NW Ohio
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »
Looking at almost 2 inches of clear ice in Bowling Green. Hopefully this cold air keeps building ice, only need 2 more inches. (That's what she said!) :D This is just on my 2.5 acre pond, all the other bigger lakes and resevoirs are not even close. Let's here from some Buckeyes here and even you Southern Michigan hard water walkers. Good luck and be safe and smart.

Ice Fishing 247

Ice report for NW Ohio
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »

Offline FishnTechnician

Re: Ice report for NW Ohio
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 12:07:02 PM »
My buddies have been out fishing quite a bit in the last 48 hours. Wauseon Reservoir has a solid 8"s on it with no good reports yet. But, I do not know how much they have been bouncing around. Normally we don't have much luck fishing the reservoirs, but last year wasn't even funny. Slaughtered 8" perch and 8" crappie out of there. Fishing bowl shaped reservours is some of the hardest fishing and prolly the most common in NW ohio. Planning on getting my gear down and trying my luck after Christmas.

Also heard that Lake Erie is starting to freeze up pretty good. Wouldn't mind getting a more accurate report. Only been out there once with no luck. I fish open water out there quite a bit. Perch were being slaughtered all year with record sized perch coming off the western basin. Would really like to hit the lake a few times this year.

Good Luck and be safe!
I ain't never met a fish I couldn't catch or a woman I couldnt release!

Offline FishnTechnician

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:03:57 PM »
So I lied, me and my room mate pulled the shanties and gear down last night. Went through the gear tonight and picking up bait and LP tomorrow for Christmas Eve morning. Gonna go and hit Wauseon Reservoir and give it hell till 1pm.
I ain't never met a fish I couldn't catch or a woman I couldnt release!

Offline bui boater

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 02:44:50 PM »
WHAT! a fisherman lied? NEVER. but seriously, you guys getiin out on the lake yet?been itchin to go after them wallyes.im from pa, but buy the 40 dollar out of state license.would love to hear the report of good ice on the lake.we do well in the spring at ahtabula , but would really like to get after em on hardwater.any report would be great.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 02:44:50 PM »

Offline JigIt4

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:08:47 PM »
Were at in ashtabula?

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:08:47 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question