Author Topic: Lake Erie must have jigs for ice fishing.  (Read 1441 times)

Offline UFCreel

• Flags up! Bobbers down!
Lake Erie must have jigs for ice fishing.
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:21:17 PM »
Well I got my rods finally. Now I need to know what the go to jigs and color of jigs are for Lake Erie. Also what pound line do you guys recommend for out there? Thanks in advance for any and all help with this. I have never been able to get out there before. May never make it back there. I don't want to spend a fortune on jigs that I may never use again. That is why I am asking. Hope for good ice this year.

Ice Fishing 247

Lake Erie must have jigs for ice fishing.
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:21:17 PM »

Offline Erie critter

• Ice Man
Re: Lake Erie must have jigs for ice fishing.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 10:38:53 AM »
6-10 lb test line  and the baits are endless bit my go to  baits are Swedish pimples, vibes, buck shots, cast master's. I try to go as light as possible but the current on Erie can strong so heavy weight is required to keep good contact with bottom. Hope this helps good luck

Offline maverick97

• IF247: The home of Gillzilla
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 11:16:22 AM »
Are you fishing for walleye out of Port Clinton Ohio? If so, get big Swedish Pimples in glow, blue, green, and red. Tip 2 out of 3 of the barbs on your treble hook with a minnow head. It won't hurt to take the other lures recommended as well, but definitely have the pimples. Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:42:59 PM by maverick97 »
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration."
Izaac Walton

Offline Jiggerman

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 12:52:49 PM »
You can't go wrong with some pk spoons, flutterfish, and the panics in at least 1/2 oz.  Spoons also have two hooks in that size and bigger. 

Also I would get a jiggin rap or two in original , chartruse and white, and clown colors. 

I would take some horizontal jigs to use with minnow. 

Glow colors are a good thing as well

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 12:52:49 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question